Innovation grants now open

Do you have an innovative idea you want to sell but don't have the funding to do so? Here are several grants, offered through Commercialisation Australia, which may be perfect for you.

Skills and knowledge

The skills and knowledge assistance provides up to $50,000 for eligible applicants, equivalent to 80 per cent of total funding costs. The applicant is required to come up with the remaining 20 per cent. This assistance is applicable to business planning activities and undertaking risk analyses, commercialisation research and strategy development, intellectual property (IP) management, capital raising plans and developing partnerships or collaboration agreements.
If successful, applicants will also receive a dedicated case manager and access to Commercialisation Australia's Expert Network of business mentors.

For more information visit the Skills and Knowledge page.

Proof of concept grant

This grant funds 50 per cent of costs to help establish innovative ideas for products, processes or services in the market, providing anywhere from $50,000 to $250,000 for eligible applicants. Funding that is covered by the grant includes costs of labour, contract work, factories, prototyping and IP protection. The grant period spans 12 months.
It's not applicable to projects intending to focus on basic research aimed at creating base IP, e.g. those that consist of early investigation and conceptual development.

For more information, visit the Proof of Concept information page.

Experienced Executives

Employing the right people in your organisation goes a long way in terms of bringing your product to fruition. The Experienced Executives grant goes one step further and provides up to $350,000 to eligible applicants to employ an experienced CEO or senior executive with the right skills to help you ready your product for sale. Participants are required to fund 50 per cent of total costs and have 24 months to complete their project.

Eligible activities also include salary and packaged components, with an additional 30 per cent for labour on-costs and 30 per cent administration on-costs; or contractor fees with extra 20 per cent administration on-costs.

For more information visit the Experienced Executives page.

Connect with us to receive updates throughout the day:

Like us on Facebok Follow us on Twitter

Dun and Bradstreet AustraliaTop of page Dun & Bradstreet Australia Pty Ltd 2015 | D&B Small Business    *About Us    *Sitemap    *Advertise    *Privacy    *Terms & Conditions